Remember in college dorm life when your fire alarm went off several times a week in the middle of the night, usually because some idiot left a hot pot on with nothing in it? You'd think that the apartment we live in was filled with a bunch of college freshmen... because our fire alarm has gone off 4 times in the past few weeks. And it's actually never a drill.... there's actually the smell of smoke in the hallway and depending on what floor the event is taking place, we need to evacuate. Thank God nothing has happened on our floor, but there was one instance where we sat in the lobby of the apartment in the middle of the night for a couple hours. A couple floors had water damage because the sprinklers went off. And last night, we had a fire a few floors down which required the presence of eight fire trucks- the event actually made the 11 o'clock news! It's always late at night, too, when we're in our PJs and you know it's 10 degrees outside so just in case, we get all your gear on. I guess there was leftover smoke or something, because the alarm went off again this morning, which is why I'm even awake at 7:30.
Anyway, I had a good weekend. During the day on Friday, I hung out with KRL who lives in the area and had the day off work. I got to see Chinatown and we went to get dessert at this cute cafe. It was good to catch up and just sit and talk likes girlie-girls.
We went to bible study on Friday night. It was refreshing because it reminded me of how different people are... even though everyone was Korean, there were so many different personalities and everyone seemed to be in a different spiritual place. The Word is truly a living and dynamic thing, speaking to God's people in a very personal way.
Saturday, we went to our nieces swim meet... they kick butt! I look at the swimmers that are struggling to finish the race and I think, "That's what I looked like when I was on the swim team as a kid." I sucked at swimming.... still do. I mean, I can tread water and float and do the basic strokes (except for butterfly- I'm too weak) but I am pretty sure that my 8-year old niece can beat me in a race.
Yesterday, we went to a very very long church service in which the sermon was super boring. KCK said he almost got up and walked out. Ugh.... really, that bad. It was not a reflection on the church itself, since this was a guest speaker. Otherwise, everyone was really welcoming and the time of praise was awesome.
This week, I'll be counting down the days until the weekend. My sisters are coming to visit! And I'm going to San Fran as my last vacation before the baby comes. And the Superbowl is on Sunday!
No comments:
Post a Comment