Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Superbowl Blues

Watching the Eagles in the Superbowl in another city kind of sucked. You would think that in San Francisco, you would find an even number of people rooting for both teams... but alas, I was surrounded by Patriots fans in our hotel bar. I must say, I was glad they didn't get creamed like some people were expecting- and I was very happy that TO performed as well as he did. After 3 days, I guess I'm over the disappointment of losing. Just as long as I don't watch anymore highlights or see anymore Patriots fans mocking the Eagle "wing flap." They don't know that they look ridiculous- probably because they're jiggly around the belly and arms- unlike those buff football players from Philly.
Anyway, San Francisco has been great. I've been getting alot of excercise walking these monstrous hills. Yesterday I went to go see Alcatraz- I think just the view from the ferry is well worth the money. The island itself has an interesting history. There's more to it than the fact that it was a maximum security prison. In the afternoon, I checked out the Asian Art Museum- I thought it was going to be in Chinatown and a hole in the wall, but it was a very impressive building right next to the State Building and the collection was very extensive. There were a lot of Buddha statues and pictures... whole rooms filled with just Buddha. kinda scary. The Korean collection was very nice as well. I may be biased, but those Korean artists are talented! :P
I'm taking it easy today because somehow I bruised one of my toes walking around so much. I have a spa appointment this afternoon. Yes, I have a tough life.
Oh yeah! When I was watching the Superbowl, our server asked me when I'm due... she was the first person to acknowledge that I'm pregnant without being told or asking someone else beforehand. I guess there's no disguising my big tummy now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

bruised toes from walking? didn't know that was possible.

anyways, was good seeing you again - albeit short.

Post a Comment