I was back in Philly this past weekend where my family and friends threw a baby shower. It was great to see everyone again, of course. And I had a lot of fun playing those silly games and eating enough for 3 people. I gained 3 lbs over the weekend.... but I've evened out again over the past couple days. Can you imagine gaining 3 lbs a week for the next 9 weeks? I don't think I could walk. The decorations in my parents house were great- there must have been 50 balloons. And the flowers were sooooooo pretty- AC (who should start her own business) is awesome! I would hire her in a heartbeat. And kudos to my older sister who planned a great menu and then made everything from scratch. I would hire her as a caterer if she was one. The gifts were ridiculous (in a good way.) The baby has more clothes than me- but much cuter clothes. And my mother hand-made this beautiful quilt... it's amazing! Most of all, I really enjoyed just catching up with friends. God has blessed me with so much love through the people around me. I'm forever grateful.
On Monday night, we went to our first Baby class. We learned some excercises to strengthen my lower back. And we learned how to breath through the first stages of labor. It was very informative.... I learned that I should probably stop doing ab excercises. Although, I'm going to check with my doctor on that. And I learned that my hospital gives pain medication at any point during labor- we don't have to wait until a certain point, and there's no point (unless the baby is literally about to come out) where they won't give it to you. Woo hoo! It was also just nice to be there with KCK and share in this "baby experience." I know he feels a little disconnected from the whole process... mostly because he's not the one getting fat and uncomfortable. It was also nice to be in a room full of pregnant women who share the same concerns. There were about 12 couples there, and everyone is due in the next 12 weeks or so.
It snowed yet again last night. Argh. Hello... it's almost spring... stop snowing already!
No comments:
Post a Comment