Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Stir Crazy

My poor mother is so ready to go back to Philly where she can plant her flowers and drive familiar roads. She's been pretty much stuck in my house for 3 weeks straight. I've been stuck, too, but I guess it's different because it's my house. I'm getting a little antsy, as well. I'm contemplating breaking the 4 week "rule" and going to the mall tomorrow with the little one and grandmom. The weather has been so crappy here, so we can't even go for a walk outside.

The baby is sleeping better at night these days... a full 3 hours between feedings :) Unfortunately, over the past couple days it was every 2 hours during the day. Since it takes nearly an hour to feed her, I feel like that's all I do. That and change her diapers- she goes through so many every day. Mostly, it's because she "wastes" them by peeing or pooping as soon as I get a fresh one on her. I wish I could just let her go naked for a while because she's showing signes of diaper rash, but I know I would just have poop and pee all over the place. By the way, Aquaphor is great for diaper rash!

I decided to sign up for an online DVD rental service. The boredom and loneliness during the middle of the night feedings (and sometimes during the day) is unbearable at times. I just finished watching a Korean mini-series (All In) and watching Gone With the Wind. I guess I could keep watching the DVDs that we own, but there's only so many times I can watch a movie (usually just once.) I'm going to do the 2 week trials for both Netflix and Blockbuster and see which one is better.

No comments:

Post a Comment