My favorite show is no more. The season finale was last Thursday. I have to admit my disappointment after Donald chose Randal as the apprentice over Rebecca. I think Trump should have spoken to the executives that were sponsoring the events to get their opinion on how well the candidates performed. Not that I don't think Randal wasn't a good choice... if he were up against anyone else, I would have favored him. But I think Rebecca has so much more potential! It was obvious that he was going to hire her, as well, if Randal had recommended it. Randal's last comment of, "This isn't the Apprent-i, this is the Apprentice!" should have made Mr. Trump take back his decision on the spot... first of all, how selfish can a person be? What happened to valuing loyalty? Secondly, I'm pretty sure "apprenti" isn't a real word. For all the education Randal had been boasting about, (MIT, Rhodes scholar) he sure did still embarrass himself on live television with that last comment. I wonder if they would have edited that out if it wasn't live....
----------------------------
This past weekend was fun. KCK took me out to dinner on Friday night and my sister came to visit for the weekend. Poor GMK was dropped off at her grandparents... she wasn't that bad, but I think my in-laws can't seem to tolerate any amount of crying. And whenever she goes over there she cries because she's tired. They think it's the house, or them. Of course, it's my fault because I don't bring her over enough. But since they live an hour away, she's always going to be tired when she goes there. Not much I can do.
We watched alot of '24' over the weekend. Have I wrote that we are addicted? It's our new 'West Wing.'
----------------------------
Last week we found out that our pastor is taking a position at a different church.... and then we found out that our pastor at our old church is leaving as well. What's up with pastors leaving churches? I can understand following your passion and a God-given vision, but to some extent I feel like it's a pastor's responsibility to try to bring his congregation into the fold of this vision. And people wonder why church-goers can be so jaded? We're all suffering from abandonment issues! I do wish the best for my pastors- I believe they are following their hearts.
1 comment:
sorry to hear of the news. which pastor is leaving? i hope you guys are doing okay. i pray that He will be kind and gentle to everyone involved at this time.
i kinda agree with your thoughts about it and feel slightly angry more than hurt, being several steps away from it all... but like you said, i know that they've made the difficult decision with their own convictions. ahhh, but still...
Post a Comment