Friday, January 20, 2006

Never the Same?

I'm not a vain person... I guess most people don't think that, huh? I say this to preempt any thoughts from those readers that might want to peg me as such after reading the following.... because I've been concerned about my mid-section lately. I've been feeling my extra "flesh" (fat) folding over and hanging over my pants. I used to have very flat abs and I didn't really have to work at it- just an average amount of ball crunches. But after having a baby, I just can't seem to get it back to where it was. I'm almost back to normal weight, but my fat distribution has seemed to changed indefinitely. I don't like it. Back when I first started working, I remember a recent mom saying "your body is never the same as before you were pregnant" and I thought that she was just saying that because, obviously, she was having problems losing the weight (I was such a dumb non-parent.) But now I know.... unless.... I'm not trying hard enough. I mean, how do those celebrities do it? They can't all have had plastic surgery, right? I swear, I'm not vain!

1 comment:

yellowinter said...

don't worry. i won't judge you for being vain. :) it's a thought that i've heard from many moms.
but hey, you're one hot mama! don't forget that.

Post a Comment