Saturday, May 19, 2007

Self

GMK is feeling much better. She had a normal bowel movement yesterday and has been eating up a storm.
Lately, she's been wanting to do everything by herself. And when she figures out a new thing she can do on her own, forget trying to help her (unless she asks for it, "hep!") This morning while KCK was on GMK-watch, I heard her furiously climb up the stairs and fumble around in the bathroom. I figured she was doing her normal thing by opening up all the drawers in the vanity, taking out tampons, and extra boxes of soap. But then I heard her say, "All done!" so I got out of bed to investigate. There she was with her pants around her ankles, diaper discarded on the bathroom floor, trying to push her step stool over to the sink to wash her hands. She had pooped on the potty all by herself! "Where's daddy?" "Daddy night-night."

8 comments:

jwk said...

YAY for GMK! what a good little pooper! and i love how daddy was night night. ha ha ha!

vivian said...

hahaha!!! go gmk! so was she trying to wash her hands with her pants still around her ankles?!? heehee..

yellowinter said...

oh my. i just cracked up all by myself here. sooooooooooo cute and soooooo good! i love GMK, esp when she sidled up against me to look at baby N. i'm going to miss her so. yeah, i do like that last line myself.

Betty said...

"Daddy nigh-nigh"s whenever there's something important to do in our house. *sigh* G is a big girl! Yay poops! I guess you didn't get to go golf today...cursed rain.

Beannie's Log said...

Yay GMK!! That's so great! Independence is a great thing for her and you!

Can you believe the last time I saw her was when she was only a few months old?!!

Allie said...

SO CUTE!! WOw, she's growing up...

Annibelle said...

Aw, yay for her!

BTW, does anyone else find it rather odd that we celebrate the bowel movements of toddlers?

Just wonderin... ;p

jl said...

that's awesome!

Post a Comment