Don't ask if we've thought of a name yet for the baby. Because we haven't. And we've decided that we're not discussing it with anyone anymore. We've found the more we discuss, the less names we have to choose from because someone will always have an issue with every name we come up with. Not that I really need the approval of my friends and family (it is my child, afterall,) but a negative comment about a name just kind of sticks with you. I'm not going to go ahead and name my child after your really irritating co-worker after you've described in detail how annoying this person is.
It's no wonder people are starting to name their children after fruit. Maybe we'll call her 'Kumquat.' No one knows anyone annoying, mean, dorky, or fat named Kumquat, right?
8 comments:
How about Berry? ;p j/k I hear you on this one. My friend is going through the same exact issue. Apparently, some of her friends have BARRED her from using certain names because they've owned that name for their yet-nonexistent child "forever and ever." come on, people!
in any case, i'm sure i'll LOVE whatever you choose in the end. your first choice was a marvelous one after all. :)
ha ha ha .. I know what you mean. I understand. I loved the 2 names you suggested. Remember it doesn't matter what other people think... it's what you and your hubby agree on.
I totally know what you mean. We did not tell anyone about GL's name before she was born. Not even my sister! Teaching at a girls' school didn't help much. I think CH and PH are having a hard time too.
Persimmon...
That's a lovely name if you ask me. Either that or "Tomato"
Tomatoes ARE technically fruits after all...
Don't forget celebrities are also naming their children after spices or other ingredients like Coco...how about Basil?!! :)
haha! I like the idea of naming after a great & yummy food item. But then again, obnoxious people will say, "oh, but I hate "Parfaits" "Berries" "Doughnuts" "Chocolate Cake" "Cherries" "Dairy"....what the heck am I going on about?!? Anyway, I kept both our children's names close to the vest too. I think people got mad at me after a while because I was so cagey about it. Anyway, judging from your first angel, I'm sure your 2nd name will be just as lovely.
omg. i am laughing on the floor right now..
How bout Chrysanthamum? Chloe has a cute book about a mouse with that name.
Post a Comment