Sunday, April 20, 2008

Thighs



Some time in middle school, when all girls become a little self-conscious, I noticed that my thighs were on the "thick" side. Most of my friends had these skinny stick-legs, where mine were... meaty. It didn't quite bother me, however, until some time in high school when I started caring a great deal more about clothes. Pants just didn't seem to fit me the way they fit some of my friends. If a pair of pants fit me at the waist, they were way too tight around the legs. And if they fit me around the thighs, they were all droopy at the waist. And to this day, I still have problems finding pants that fit just right. No amount of cardio can change this fact about me.

I also have seemed to marry a larger-thighed man. Hubs was recently at the doctor because of some knee pain. The doctor said, flat out, that his quadriceps (thigh muscles) are a lot bigger than the average man. So KCK has to build up his inner thigh muscle to compensate so that his knee will be aligned correctly. Go figure.

So what happens when a large-thighed woman and a large-thighed man (all hulking muscle, of course) have kids? You guessed it! Kids with big thighs!

I bought a bathing suit for GMK this past weekend. It was a 2-piece with boy shorts. Totally cute with hearts on it. The poor girl tried it on yesterday morning, and to our dismay, it was too tight around the thighs. So upsetting! And I also realized the other day that the reason why I prefer Huggies diapers to any other brand is that they have a roomy cut so that my daughters' thighs aren't squeezed too tightly when fastening the velcro around the waist. [sigh] I feel so badly that my daughters will have to go through what I go through whenever they go shopping for pants.

5 comments:

jwk said...

ha ha ha.... i called SK over to read this because it was so funny! i think ESK will also have the same problem! they can commiserate as teenagers and give each other pants styling tips.

Allie said...

hahahah... post is funny... I have thick thighs... Bill doesn't but... I can already see that Emma inherited mommy's thighs and Jadyn has nice thin legs.... I think Jonah has thighs like me... I think thick thighs are sexy... ;)

yellowinter said...

i think it's not just you, but ALL korean women have this prob. ok. i take it back, MOST korean women. i not only have bigger thighs, but i have short, stubby, and fat calves. you know, the all-glorious "moo-dah-ri." they also call it, "cho-sun-moo." have you ever heard that? :) try not to feel guilty about this, on top of everything else we already feel guilty about. you know? oh, but i also know it's hard not to... :)
oh boy, my N is crying... urgh~

jwk said...

i agree with above post. thick thighs are hot. where did you find that picture by the way? it's awesome.

vivian said...

ok. so if it's not the thighs, it's something else.. like carny hands for instance. haha!! anyways, sorry i took those tags off.. maybe you can have those leg holes let out or something. :P

Post a Comment