GMK has been practicing new words constantly. She has also been practicing different phrases and tries to string together different words with different phrases. And when I say "constantly," I mean non-stop talking for hours at a time... ok, maybe not hours, but it feels like it. Today it went something like this after the UPS man came with a package for me:
"But mommy, I want a package. Can I have a package? Not a package for you but a package for me. Can you tell the man that? That I want a package. For me. Not you. Can I get a package for me? But I wanted a package!"
It went on like this for a good 30 minutes until I distracted her with her DVD.
She's also discovering how words can be used to her advantage. How if you frame a circumstance a certain way, it can effect the response of her superior (ie. mom or dad.)
The other day, she came running to me...
G: Mommy! I didn't do something wrong!
Me: What did you do?
G: I said, I didn't do something wrong!
Me: OK, then, what did you do good?
G: I pulled the string on the light, but it didn't shine.
[She had tried to turn on our laundry area light, which has a pull string. She thought she had broken it when it didn't turn on. And she knew she probably wasn't supposed to be trying to pull this string.]
And whenever she wets her pants...
G: Mommy, I wet my pants!
Me: Oh no!
G: Don't worry, it was an accident. It happens! (w/ palms up and out to her sides)
6 comments:
Cuuuuuuute! And clever. The deviousness only grows...
hilarious!
she is a MONSTER!!!!!!!! tell her i say hi. tell her i miss her. tell her that it'd be nice to get a call from her once in a while b/c i'm thinking about her and that i wish she would call me since i miss her. tell her!!
hehe..
i think it must be a 3 y.o thing, because EHK's been talking so much, too! it comes and goes for her, but boy when she's going on, she really gets going!!! ahhh, she has discovered the POWER of words!
that GMK. she is such a character. "it happens..." cracks me up!
Too cute! I know what you mean about the nonstop talking...your conversations with her sound similar in our house....we sometimes wish N would stop talking!!
Post a Comment