Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Hand-cramp

I hate filling out forms. It's probably the most inane task that is known to man. In this day and age, we should at least be able to get them emailed so we can type out answers. I'd much prefer that to the whole pen and paper form-filling.

GMK's preschool is "form" city. I swear, there's a form for everything. I had to fill out a form to get her enrolled. And then a form for her medicine just in case she has an allergic reaction to something. And then a form for her doctor to sign for those meds. And then a "permission slip" for the administering of the medicine (hello, isn't it implied that I give permission because I filled out the form?) And now I need to fill out all of those forms again because it's been a year and they've "expired." What?! Have I mentioned that the first form is 10 pages long?

I'm sure other institutions are not as bad as the one we attend. I have a feeling that the director is technology-impaired. Or maybe it's that other parents are technology-impaired? I feel the same way about our pediatrician's office- it's form-a-palooza over there. I wonder if there's an inexpensive technology solution out there to allow for NOT filling out forms- that doesn't give you the big-brother heebeejeebees. Maybe that's what I should make my millions on. You heard it here first guys! I will hunt you down if you steal my idea!

Gotta get back to my forms...

6 comments:

jwk said...

oooh.... sounds like fun. is this what we have to look forward to once school starts? now, imagine doing this for more than one kid...

yellowinter said...

goes for living a litigious society as ours. sounds horrible... it may be why i haven't filled out that application for N's school that's been sitting at our house for the past two months...

ekang said...

UGH!!! yeah, daycare had a lot of forms, too, but is this what i get to look forward to for preschool?! i'm dreading the thought!

Beannie's Log said...

I'm with you on these forms, esp at doctor's offices. Every yr I go to the ob/gyn, they make me fill out 10 pages of these forms AGAIN that I seriously don't think they even read!!

We recently changed pediatricians and was shocked we only had to fill out 2 forms...everything there is computerized...guess when you go with a big affiliated hospital like CHOP, they have the $ to do this?!

vivian said...

um.. technology impaired or not.. we didn't have computers when our parents had to fill out forms.. and i doubt they had to fill out that many. too many forms, too many different kinds of immunizations, too many kids' furniture being taken off the market due to liability.. craziness!!!

gma said...

lol...i'll have hubs contact you.

Post a Comment