No, I have nothing better to do than to bring my kids to a place with the best summer weather and lots of fun things to do! A few days into our trip GMK actually said with a sigh, "I wish we lived here!" Here are some pics.
At one of the very nice playgrounds near the alpine garden.


The expression on the kids' faces make me smile.
GMK is looking at me like, "Did you get the picture yet?" and AJK's face says, "Am I going to fall off this thing? Is it going to move? Is it real?"

On the gondola to the top. Another couple of facially expressive pictures.
Pony rides. AJK kept saying, "I ride baby pony!!!" She was very happy about it.
GMK was a champ on the climbing wall.

In the nature center, the kids were enthralled by these canisters. Inside each one was a sample of different animal feces. We spent an inordinate amount of time in the nature center because I couldn't tear them away from the poop cans.
They also had rubber feces that the you could match up to the animal pictures. I know you can tell a great deal about an animal by examining their feces, but I almost felt like they were exploiting little kids' fascination with poop!
[Funny story: the guide was talking to the kids about the feces and she had them guess which animal made the biggest dumps. Someone shouts BLACK BEAR! Then she asked, "And who makes the smallest?" AJK immediately pipes up, "Me!"]
GMK and I did a little hike. Of all the things to look at (ie. the beautiful mountain scenery) she finds a dandelion. Comfort in the familiar?
6 comments:
cute cute cute! i love AJK's expression in the first gondola picture. OOOHHHH! and wow, that scenery is really beautiful in the background. those museum designers know exactly what they are doing with their interactive exhibits. poop exploitation!
so cute when GMK chimed in about making the smallest poop! The girls are growing so fast. Glad you had a great time!
Your vail pictures are always so beautiful. SOOOOOO beautiful and looks so family friendly.
GMK looks so much like Liz in the first gondola picture. Crazy.
I'm astonished at how fast they're all growing!
it's so interesting how kids really are fascinated by poop! :) glad to see the fam enjoying such a great place. i'd want to live there, too!
Seeing these pics, it is no wonder why you would want to go back each year! And it seems there is more and more stuff to enjoy as they get older. You are making me wanna go with the kids one day!
The girls look so much older! Has it been that long since we saw you? Wow...
Post a Comment