It's birthday party season....
I didn't know such a thing exists, but I've discovered this year (probably since #1 has started elementary school) that as soon as the weather turns warmer there are birthday parties galore. I feel up to my ears in RSVPs, purchasing presents, and carting the kids around every weekend, even multiple times a day! Actually, KCK has been very helpful in this regard - he does most of the carting. I just have to give very detailed instructions.
The kids are eating a lot of pizza and cake. And then there's the candy and all the little knick-knacky stuff that comes in the goody bags littering my house. It's fun for the kids, of course, and they talk about the parties at school so I feel bad telling them that they can't attend one over another.
You know it's a lot of parties when your kid declines going to a party. #1 did this on Wednesday. I asked her if she wanted to go to a party and she said "no" after some thought. Her reason was that she shouldn't go to too many birthday parties... who would have thought? Of course, she has two today - too many parties, indeed!
1 comment:
wow, she said no to a party? how mature... i feel like our weekends are consumed by kid bday parties as well. it sounds like it's only going to get worse. great.
Post a Comment