School started in September and I feel like I've been running around non-stop every since. It's funny, though, because both my children go to school now and I should have so much more free time to do things like... blog. But since I do have more time, I find that I fill it up with things that I couldn't do with the children. I'm still golfing... and will until it gets to be too cold. And I've gotten back into Pilates more consistently. Grocery shopping now gets done during the day without children. It used to get done at 10 pm or I'd take them with me and it would take forever. I'd try to rush down the aisles and it would really be about how much I'd avoid getting into the cart from my kids wanting this and that. Before having kids, I actually really enjoyed grocery shopping. It would take me forever to get through the store because I would just slowly walk up and down the aisles looking at all the products and I would hem and haw over prices and quality. Ha ha! It's a little different now, but I'm definitely taking more time again in the grocery store - but still less time than if I were with my children!
I've realized, too, that some of the things I used to do with the kids that were strictly for me, I don't do anymore. Two examples, going to the gym and the chiropractor. I think I was using the gym and chiropractor as "things to do with my kids". The gym has childcare and the chiropractor is right next to the gym and they are very kid-friendly. So now that I don't need "babysitting services" from my gym, I've stopped going! Somewhere in my brain it makes complete sense.
And since #2 is at that magical preschool age, she now gets to do extra-curricular classes all on her own. This has added considerably to the time I spend in the car driving. Between #1's three activities, #2's three activities, and the two different schools, I might as well put a TAXI sign on my car and make some money in between kid pickups and dropoffs!
Here are pics of first day of dance and first day of school for #2.


2 comments:
Becky, your kids are soooo cute! #1 looks just like you in the 1st picture!
That's great you have more time now to yourself. It's funny how kids change the way we do things - simple things like grocery shopping is not so simple with kids! I guess for me, going to work is my "kid-free" time...I try to do all my shopping and gym time at during the work day. :)
how did i miss these posts? hmmm... anyways, i totally get how life seems MORE hectic when you supposedly have "free" time. so, i decided that i am going to keep doing some of the stuff like grocery shopping with E, so i can actually have time to do MY thing - like coffee with a girlfriend. let me know if you want to meet up. i can meet you halfway at dedham? :)
Post a Comment