Sunday, November 28, 2004

Goodbye's

It was our last official Sunday service at our church in Philly today. I didn't think I would get emotional, but the minute I sat down I started getting all weepy! I really love my church. Aside from the fact that sometimes I felt like I had a part-time job on top of my real job, I've been through so many good times with my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ there. For years, I've been telling people that I know God is going to bless the English ministry of our church, and that I see so much potential for the congregation. And finally, in the past few months, I feel like God has been answering our prayers and is starting awesome things through this congregation. But now, I'm leaving... I'm so incredibly sad!
And saying goodbye really sucks, too. I know I'll see everyone again, but it will be in the context of "visitor." And the people I've grown to really love- I'm going to try to keep in touch with, but I know it's just not the same when you don't see them every week.

KCK left for his new job today. He starts tomorrow. We'll be apart for a whole week! I hate to be so sappy and lovesick- but I am already missing him! And since he's left, 7 hours ago, we've talked on the phone three times. I guess it's a good sign for our marriage that we're so into each other. But I'm probably making someone very ill right now.

3 comments:

jwk said...

you and KCK are gross. i'm trying real hard to keep down the bran muffin i just ate for breakfast.

it will be v. strange not to see the two of you when i come to philly next. but at the same time... i can't wait to visit you in Boston! explore the city well so you can be my personal Bean-town tour guide!

are you excited about our vacay in DR yet? fuuuuunnnnnn!!!! i know it's coming up, but hasn't really hit me yet.

did i see a tentative weekend in NYC coming up? ???? for your birthday?

- j

Annibelle said...

Aw, I feel like I'm losing a limb or something...

goh said...

We will miss you and Kwangchin very much. Be safe and be well.

Post a Comment