Our home (for atleast a couple months) is cozy. It's on the 24th floor of a building in the financial district. We have a pretty good view of the city. And it's really in the middle of alot of things, so it'll be convenient to get whatever I need. This morning we took the subway to church, but realized we could have gotten there just as fast by foot.
Things I've noticed about this town in the past couple days:
- Very young, urban, professional and caucasian
- Lots of Irish pubs that blast hip-hop at night
- I've never seen so many Dunkin' Donuts stores in my life.... I'd say one every 2 blocks
Church today was kind of sad for me. I really miss my home church. The whole time I was wondering what was going on in Philly- what praise songs they were singing, what Pastor AC preached about.... I just need to get over it, I know. The church we went to today is pretty multicultural- I'm not sure how I feel about that yet. We actually came across someone who started to Korean-church-bash saying that they were not gospel-centered. She was quickly and gently corrected by another loving sister but, regardless, I wanted to bash... nevermind, that's not very Christian.
We went to see a few houses today in the "armpit" I talked about earlier. I see why they call it the armpit. Nice houses, but on 0.1 acres and in a neighborhood where I wouldn't let my kids play with the neighbors' kids. I'm such a snob. But honestly.... not worth the $$$. The search continues....
No comments:
Post a Comment