Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Mountains of Snow

There are literally mountains of snow on the streets. We spent the weekend in Philly and missed the 30 inches that fell here... but go to see the 10" that fell in Philly. Luckily, it didn't affect our travels too much since we took the train.
Eagles won! I'm so excited for the Superbowl- a whole 2 weeks away! Our church service was cancelled on Sunday, but we were halfway there when we found out. So we went to B & A's house to watch the games. I got to hang out with my favorite baby :) OK, so my favorite baby should be the one in my belly... but she's not as fun because I can't see her yet. We think (or hope) that she's going to be a laid back girl since she's been pretty tame in my belly. Although, people say that I'm pretty laid back and my mom tells me that I wasn't very tame in her belly. I guess we'll just have to see.

A friend's father past away this weekend. We went to go see this friend in the hospital... it wasn't overly depressing but it was still very sad. His father is my parents' age. It really made me think about how you can't hold back expressions of love and gratitude toward your loved ones. And in the end, nothing matters but the hope of seeing them in heaven. I'm so grateful that I have that assurance in regards to my parents... and my beloved grandmother who practically raised me and to whom I never felt like I was able to adequately communicate my love.

No comments:

Post a Comment