Have I mentioned how much of a clutz I am? And have I mentioned how much more clumsy I've become since being pregnant? I find a new scrape or bruise atleast once a week and I usually have absolutely no idea how I got it (no, my husband does not beat me.) Yesterday, I actually ripped a gaping hole in my shirt sleeve by getting caught on something sharp on the side of the bathroom door. I've also made it a habit of spilling things down the front of my shirts... makeup, water, food, etc.
After a couple weeks of excellent, non-disfunctional sleep, I had another "episode" last night. I really shouldn't have drank 2 glasses of iced tea with dinner... who knew it would affect me so much? I don't think I got to sleep until about 4 am. I'm sure it was partly because I was thinking about all the stuff that needs to get done in the new house... paint colors, meeting vendors, setting a move date, buying furniture. Basically, it's an endless list of things that we get to spend a whole lot of moula on. On the one hand, we want to be fiscally responsible and use our God-given blessings in a way that will please Him. So I'm reluctant to spend so much money at once. On the other hand, if we don't do some of these things now (such as refinish the stained 20 year-old hardwood floor) we'll never get to them... and in 7-10 years when we try to sell the house, no one will buy it. Not to mention the necessities like a fridge, washer, and dryer. Does anyone hand wash all their clothes anymore? (besides the Amish.)
I also stayed up because the baby was having a blast kicking mommy until about 3 am. It's so strange- the quiet giddiness that comes over me when I feel a distinct elbow (or knee?) slide across my belly. Already, she's brought so much joy to our lives. I'm really looking forward to meeting her and finding out who she looks like and what her personality is like. Although, I'm reading this book on children and sleep ("Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child" by Marc Weissbluth) and it's sounds like the first 6 weeks are going to be pretty rough. He says that after the first 6 weeks (that's from the due date if the baby is born early,) parents can do things to affect the baby's sleep patterns- both in a good and bad way. But before that, the baby pretty much just does whatever it wants in terms of sleep. So far, it's a good book- he provides a lot of testimonials and data to back up his philosophy. It received good Amazon reviews, too.
No comments:
Post a Comment