Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Home Sweet Home

We're finally in our house! The move went pretty smoothly. I think the only hard part was gathering all the stuff we accumulated in the 4 months we were in the apartment, and getting it all over to the house. Who knew that 2 people could collect so much stuff?
We still have yet to put a lot of stuff away, but it's just so nice to finally be in a place we can call our home. KCK has been great with getting odds and ends done. He and his brother replaced all the door knobs in the house and put up our closet system. It really is true about men and their power tools- I think he feels really powerful and manly using his new drill.
Praise God for letting everything go smoothly- even dealing with the dozen or so contractors was relatively easy. I think God sent us the really nice ones.

Baby is doing well. I can't believe I'm 34 weeks pregnant. I'm starting to feel the effects of the extra weight. Saturday after the move, my right knee was throbbing with arthritic pain. And getting up the stairs in the house after just using an elevator in the apartment building for so long is a shock to my legs. I think my feet are starting to swell a little, too, because my shoes are feeling a little tight. Ugh. Sleeping, though, has been great since we have our bed back from storage. The only thing that wakes me up is when I have to use the restroom... even KCK's snoring and grinding have gone down.

My sister is going through wedding planning hell right now. I don't miss those days. Hang in there, sis'!

And congrats to SL and KL on their new addition! AM, are you ready?

No comments:

Post a Comment