Thursday, April 07, 2005

Baseball and Breastfeeding

My husband is a baseball fanatic. Now that the season is officially underway, I find myself watching alot of baseball highlights and commentary. It's amazing how much these people can find to talk about when there have only been 3 games. And I swear KCK can watch and listen to the same thing over and over and over again. Anyway, I am no longer watching any normal TV.

We just came back from a breast-feeding class. It was very informative and I plan to "give it a go." But I have so many friends who couldn't deal with it, or had a really hard time with it so I'm a little skeptical. I'm hoping that maybe my class and instructor was extra helpful and that'll make the difference, but I'm not holding my breath. The instructor endorsed a bunch of products very convincingly... products that I don't have. I think I need to return some items and get what this nurse suggested. The class itself was really amusing. In no other circumstance do you find ten women stand in a circle w/ their husbands holding fake babies with one arm and cupping their breast with the other hand. "Cup, Stuff, and Mush" was our mantra for the night.

Baby has a foot in my right-side ribs. And she is making me gain weight exponentially. Actually, a stranger in the car dealership waiting room (having car issues) today told me that it looks like a big baby! It was a man who obviously hasn't seen very many pregnant women in their 8th month.... I hope. KCK has been losing weight because he's been walking alot in his commute to work, exercising, and eating healthy. I fear that I'll weigh more than him by the end of the pregnancy- I've been buying all his favorite junk foods so he'll eat them and not lose weight so quickly... but the plan is backfiring. I've been eating alot of KCK's favorite junk foods. Yikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment