My water has broken! At 2:15, I had scheduled a pedicure becuase my feet are in pretty bad shape and I figured that it's the last chance to take care of them for a while. Anyway, I show up at the day spa and give my name to the receptionist- however, I had to use the facilities. So I went "No. 1," got up, and pulled up my pants. As soon as that happened, I burped (I think- maybe I coughed) and with that, I felt a rush of wetness. I was pretty sure it wasn't pee, since I had just done that, but I really wasn't quite sure if I had broken my water. I had heard that it's like a river flowing out of you and there's no mistaking it. I deliberated there in the day spa waiting area for a minute and then decided it was best to go home and call the doctor.
I ended up driving myself to the hospital and met KCK there. After an hour and a half, the nurse practitioner concluded that I had indeed broken water (1 inconclusive test, 1 semi-conclusive test, and 1 "we're pretty sure" test.) The baby was looking great so they gave us the option of going home and waiting for labor to begin, or staying in the hospital and being induced with drugs. I opted for going home because I've developed a fear of being induced.
I figure, at home, I can update some people and get some last minute things done around the house before the baby sees the messy state it's in. Oh, and my parents, too. Plus, I can pick up some things I forgot to pack in my rush to get to the hospital earlier. So now, we wait until I'm in some real pain or 8 hours, whichever comes first.
No comments:
Post a Comment