The first week has gone by and I'm still standing. Thanks to my mother, who has been force-feeding me and doing all the housework. My little girl has gained 14 oz since leaving the hospital! She is a little piggy.... but such a cute piggy!
Life is no longer normal. It revolves completely around this new person that was in my belly for 9 months. We've realized that diaper costs alone are enough to make us re-think some purchasing decisions.
Breastfeeding has been a challenge. Not that I thought it was going to be easy.... I'd heard enough boob-trauma stories to brace myself. After about a week, I'm getting the hang of it, but those first few days it was torturous. In no other instance would you inflict such pain on your own body, but to feed your child. Actually, I guess that applies to the whole pregnancy, labor, and delivery scenario, as well. Maybe that's why people love their children so much... because we invest so much into them even before we know what they look like.
Meanwhile, our lawn is turning into a scene from "Little House on the Prairie" where they walk through that really tall grass blowing in the wind. It's embarrassing b/c both the neighboring houses have these immaculate lawns. We need to hire someone to mow our while KCK studies for his exam in June. Can you believe they charge $35 to cut a 1/4 acre? Crazy. Our backyard is another story... you haven't seen weeds until you've seen the monstrosities growing in the back of our house. The joys of home-ownership.
No comments:
Post a Comment