Sunday, June 12, 2005

Block Party

The block party was nice. It was actually unbearably hot and everyone was sweating buckets. But, I got to eat a hotdog! GMK was a very sleepy, good girl through it.

We're in Philly now. The ride down wasn't bad- the baby slept most of the time.
It was so nice to see everyone at church today. It's amazing how much GCF has grown! When we got there (late) there was barely anywhere to sit. And I'm so blessed by Pastor A's sermons. I've actually been listening to them online... he has a gift in speaking and opening up the Word so we can relate to it. Today I was challenged by the idea of hesitating in obedience to God vs. loving the world so much that it is an idol. It's hard to say sometimes whether or not I'm in love with the world.... I'm definitely infatuated and confess that I let things become an obsession. But I also know that I'm in love with God and forever indebted to Christ for his sacrifice on the cross for my sins. I do need to not only reflect on this, but take action on it more... I think my faith needs to be more outwardly evident.

I'm excited about this week... visiting friends and family, going shopping, getting my hair cut.
Of course, I miss KCK who has gone off to SF for a business conference. His flight was delayed by 3 hours because they didn't have enough flight attendants. They had to get one from New York. I've never heard of something so ridiculous!

No comments:

Post a Comment