Monday, July 04, 2005

Happy 4th

Happy Independence Day! I think the older I get, the more appreciative I am of this country. I know that I wouldn't know any better if my parents decided not to immigrate to the USA, and I would probably have a disdain for Americans like so many foreigners do.... but regardless, I am proud to be an American.
We spent the afternoon at a church picnic. It was a good time. KCK got to play softball- I kept hearing "Your husband is so good! He had this diving catch!" What a show-off. And later I found out it was some 10-year-old kid's hit that he went diving to catch. Give the kid a break! GMK was pretty good throughout the picnic... it was her first time outside for an extended period of time, so she was very distracted from her usual sleep-filled day. She got cranky towards the end, but only because she didn't get enough sleep. Go figure.

Having a baby is like surrendering your clothes. It's unbelievable all the bodily fluids that a baby emits. Just now, I was feeding the baby and she peed all over me. I didn't even know it until I put her down to sleep. And earlier today, she spit up and it went all over my pajamas.

I'm being eaten alive by a mosquito.... must go and catch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment