Yesterday, we had an interview with the elders and the pastors of our church to determine whether we'd be accepted into membership of the church. I think it was more of a formality than anything, and a chance for the leadership to convey that they mean "business" when it comes to being members. We had membership class with the pastor a few weeks ago. It was actually my first membership class even though I'd been a member of a church before (I always seemed to be able to get out of going to class.) I guess this means no more "I'm new so I don't have to serve the church in any way" excuses. We are already being used in different ways. I prefer to think that we are being used by God versus being put to work by the church leadership (because that's how it feels sometimes.) KCK is leading a Bible study of single young adults, and I think I'll be helping out with praise times on occasion and maybe helping to plan an upcoming retreat.
Over the weekend, we hosted an older couple visiting from out of town. A pastor and his wife. It is true that the older someone is, the more advice he has to offer. We got so much advice ranging from what church to attend, to how many naps a day GMK should have. I think if it were anyone else giving the advice, it would have been really annoying... but this couple are a pair of the nicest first generation Koreans we know.
Congrats to our dear friends HO&GO, as they have announced that they are expecting their first child come spring! There is something about the promise of new life that brings so much joy. May this child be the "uberkid" that HO has been hoping for.
2 comments:
Becky, Congratulation on your membership at new church! Sounds like all is well! Hope to see you guys soon in Philly...take care!
hey becky! it's been so long... i forgot you had a blog, and actually came across it b/c hannah told me to check out a picture she had up from labor day. i'm not very good at checking these things, which is why i don't have one, but now i'm kind of considering it....
so how are you and gabriella?! do you guys ever call her gabby? she must be so big now, and i know they grow so fast in the beginning. i'm sure you know, but it's like baby central at church. it's so weird... and then there's me, who just started work and am quite overwhelmed with just that. i'll check your blog more frequently, and try to make one too... maybe. love, barb
Post a Comment