I've always heard that when you start your baby on solids, the first few times are a really messy experience. GMK, however, has taken to eating solids like a fish to water. The first time, she didn't really get what was going on, but she still swallowed what was put in her mouth. This morning was the 3rd official rice cereal feeding, and she devoured a whole 1/4 cup serving! And aside from the occasional spoon grab, it has been a pretty tidy experience. Hurray for GMK! She's a genius! Heh heh.
GMK is going to be a bumble-bee for Halloween. We dressed her up for a party we went to on Saturday night... she was a hit! I felt bad for her, though, because she got to sleep pretty late. Everyone else at the party had a baby sitter for their kids. Frankly, the thought of getting a 'sitter' creeps me out. I think it's because I recently watched 'The Incredibles' again. Not that our baby is going to turn into a flaming ball of fire, but I have this ridiculous notion that some guy in a superhero suit is going to come to the door posing as a babysitter. Yes, with a big 'S' on the front of him... for 'Sitter.' But I guess if we want to go to social functions in the future when GMK becomes mobile and hard to handle, I'll have to bite the bullet.
No comments:
Post a Comment