Thursday, December 22, 2005

Tis the Season...

... for crazy mall traffic and gift-giving stress. Every year I say I'm not going to get caught up in it and get all worked up over what to give my family members... and every year, without fail, I get somewhat stressed over it and change my mind 15 times and end up in the crazy mall the week before Christmas day.

But alas, thank the Lord for His Grace and the PEACE that is in my heart! A passage that encouraged and challenged me yesterday... "But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain." Applicable in so many ways.

Friends, thanks for the birthday wishes. It was indeed happy.... and if you haven't wished me a happy birthday, you MISSED it!!!! Kidding :) I'm a mom now- too old to go out and party.... no more fun... Except with my hubs (just in case he's reading this.)

----------
I'm cooking a pre-Christmas dinner for my in-law family tomorrow. I realize just how anal I am when I have to prepare a big meal... because I make lists and sublists and sub-sublists (don't ask)... and I have to get everything all organized on the counter before I start cooking... and I have to do the dishes as I go along because I can't stand the sight of a sink full of dishes.

1 comment:

yellowinter said...

hope your dinner went well. what did you make? i made man-doo this christmas and realized what a crazy amount of work it takes to make the darn thing. ended up using some of our kimchi. inside the mandoo or as kimchi-buchim, kimchi was tolerable. oi~ what a disaster! ;p

Post a Comment