Monday, January 02, 2006

Holiday Weight Gain

Never before have I experienced holiday weight-gain as I have this year. I was doing well going into Christmas, but a week without exercise, lounging around my parents' house, and eating to my heart's content made my pants a whole lot tighter by New Year's Day. I just got back from the gym where I felt very sluggish and heavy.

We had a wonderful Christmas with family down in Philly. GMK got lots of presents... between her grandparents and aunts, she's one spoiled little girl. We got to see alot of friends again. Next time we decided we're just going to have a party at my parents' house so we don't have to fill our week with visiting people all over the place. I swear, I need a planner just to keep track of all the appointments we have to keep with friends and family whenever we go visit. As much fun as we had, it really is nice to be back home- sleeping in my wonderfully firm bed, not living out of a suitcase, and looking forward to getting stuff done around the house.

We spent New Year's Day at KCK's parents' house and had dduk-gook (rice cake soup) but we didn't get around to doing our traditional bows because KCK's father slipped off to bed without anyone knowing. Oh well... next year. I don't have any resolutions other than the superficial (drink more water, take better care of my hands, got to bed earlier.) I'm not good at keeping resolutions and when I fail at the serious ones, I feel like crap. My goal, however, is to live every day (every year) with an eternal perspective, counting my blessings, and giving glory to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment