Tidbits of my life- for those who miss me, know me, want to know me, or all of the above.
Thursday, January 05, 2006
Baby Un-friendly
I hate going to stores and malls that don't have good stroller accessibility. That means elevators that aren't in the nooks and crannies of the department stores, and aisles wide enough that even the widest strollers will fit. Places to nurse and change diapers comfortably are also a plus. The best department store I've seen for this is Nordstrom. They know how to draw their consumer. The worst, I think I witnessed today at Bloomingdales. GMK and I got to ride the very hard -to-find elevator with a "sanitation specialist" and her trash can. And the bathroom? No lounge... just a chair in the handicapped stall. I also got the worst customer service there ever was. Every sales person (minus the one I talked to in the YM Dept) was soooooo incredibly snooty and preoccupied. I went to a counter to purchase blush- I turn a gross shade of greyish-green in the winter- and there was no one behind the counter. I thought I ran into some good fortune when a saleswoman from another counter came over to help, but she was of very little help. While I hemmed and hawed over the right shade (because she offered absolutely no advice,) she actually said, "It's just blush!" which pretty much meant 'hurry the heck up.' I'm pretty sure I won't go there again.
1 comment:
which bloomy's is this? so i can avoid it myself. that's awful. i think certain regions are worse when it comes to snootiness.
hope you didn't get the blush from there.
Post a Comment