I'm becoming the typical parent, ooh-ing and aah-ing over my child's tiniest achievements. So, just so you know, I'm about to share something really mundane and non-eventful.....
I found GMK holding onto the bars, standing up in her crib after a nap this morning. It was quite surprising because I didn't think she could pull herself up to standing... I've never seen her do it, atleast. She was just hanging out saying, "Mommy, I'm done with my nap. Come get me!" OK, not in so many words, but I know what she meant by her whiny cries. Anyway, hurray for little milestones. She's been awfully drooly and poopy lately, too. I'm not sure what that's all about, but she seems to be in good spirits- probably because she figured out how to stand up :)
-------------------------------
Hubs and I watched the Ice Dancing Free Skate programs last night. I think KCK enjoys watching it more than I do. At commercial breaks, I would walk away to check email or load the dishwasher and when the commercials were over, he'd say "It's on! Hurry hurry!" as if I'd be devastated if I missed a second of watching ice dancing. It's funny to me :P
We both really do enjoy Dick Button's comments... he can be so mean! And it's obvious that he's completely biased towards the good-looking women.
---------------------------------
We're going to Philly this weekend for a wedding and my little sister's birthday (OK, she's not really little... only a year younger than me.... she is, however, a smidge shorter :P) I've gotten the wedding present already, but I'm not sure about what to get my sister. She said something about wanting a frying pan, but what a silly birthday present! I feel like birthday presents should be impractical, fun, and something the person wouldn't buy themselves. I already got her jewelry 2 birthdays in a row, and clothes is too difficult. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have to be able to fit it in a suitcase. And I only have 3 days to shop. Uy. Little Sister, if you're reading this: you are almost as hard to shop for as Big Sister (yes, she's taller than me.)
2 comments:
yeah, we've been getting into the olympics too. i really liked belbin and agostino(?). she's gorgeous, eh? i mean, is that a prerequisite? to be attractive for ice dancing?
anywho, gift idea...
a gift certificate to a posh salon or massage.
OK, this is just toooooo weird.... i've come across a handful of people I knew in Philly and it's like passing into a new dimension. Becky, has a child?! Congrats (I guess...I'm still getting used to this)! Say hi to your famiy for us.
Jin, Su Jin, Phoebe, and Chloe
Post a Comment