Did anyone watch the Olympics' Opening Ceremony? I feel like people aren't really that into it anymore. I remember when I was younger, I didn't want to miss anything about the Olympics.... I was glued to the TV, watching all the athletes give it their all. I still think it's a great thing, and I like watching the Opening Ceremonies and a few of the sports competitions. All the doping and judging scandals, however, have definitely left a sour taste in my mouth. Anyway, last night's ceremony did not disappoint. Parts of it were a little bizarre, like the ballet dancer with a fake mohawk and veins running down his leotard. But other parts were really awesome and well done, like the man-made ski jumper (you really had to see it.)
All week, GMK has been waking up at abouth 12 am and then again at 3 am and crying for an hour. Feeding her doesn't help- I think it's part of her recent anxiousness about being left alone. I hope the stage passes quickly because it sure isn't fun for anyone. She has been doing some new and cute things, too... like nodding her head and shaking her hands when she hears music. She is also eating almost anything we give her- it's quite amazing how much she can fit into her little mouth. Today she had some pad thai noodles... yummy!
1 comment:
she's such a cutie!!! hopefully, she'll soon pass this stage.
as for olympics, i myself am not that into it anymore. more so for winter olympics. i flipped back and forth. i really didn't get the whole ballet/modern dance thing and didn't really like the dove acrobatics move. it looked more like an eagle, which is probably opposite of what they were trying to portray.
i caught latter half of pavarottie's nessum dorma. love that aria. so sad...
Post a Comment