Does anyone actually know someone who uses the term 'baby' for people other than their children or significant others? In the movie Swingers, Vince Vaughn's character always calls other people 'baby.' He's supposed to be the cool guy in the movie, the guy that knows how to play the game and can get any girl. In the end, it turns out he's not as smooth as he thinks.
Anyway, KCK gets a phone call today and it's a work friend... a guy. I hear hubs say, "Hey, how's it goin' baby?" In the next split second I think to myself, "Did my husband just call another dude, 'baby?" The next thing I hear is a loud voice on the other end of the phone going, "What?! Did you just call me baby?!" I know my hubs has some quirky sayings, but I think this one took the cake. I thought he said it by accident because he had just been talking to GMK, but he says he didn't and that it's a term of endearment. So this is your official heads-up- if my husband ever calls you 'baby,' do not take offense or think he's "into you"- in fact, it means you are part of his inner circle.
2 comments:
crazy KCK. yeah, it's also weird when a 21 y/o male patient calls you "honey."
now how did he come to this conclusions that calling someone other than you or GMK "baby" was okay? ;)
haha! that's hilarious.
yes, will have to catch up with you some - want to hear about your sister's shower too.
Post a Comment