Here are a couple pictures of her getting into trouble with her old bouncy seat.



-------------------
On another note. I must share a story about my hubby, KCK. If you've watched the movie Fever Pitch, I sometimes feel like Drew Barrymore's character. Hubs is more or less a normal guy but when baseball season hits, say "bye bye" to watching anything on TV but the Red Sox. He's actually got me somewhat into it- I like to watch them at the gym while running and I sometimes hear myself muttering "strike!" or "drop drop drop!" under my breath. But I'm NOTHING like hubs... he's somewhat obsessed. It was like someone handed him a check for a million dollars when they won the World Series.
A couple months ago, we were at Costco stocking up on diapers, wipes, and dried mangoes.... you know, the essentials :P We happened to pass the DVD section where there was a box set of the World Series win of the Red Sox, including the ALCS series against the Yankees. He wanted it. It was $75, so I frowned upon it, and he said "OK, fine." But then he mentioned it again a month ago and suggested that it would be a great Father's Day gift.... he really wants it. I said "we'll see." Yesterday I went to Costco again for another restocking trip. I called hubs to see if we needed anything that I might be forgetting. He goes, "Are you going to get me that Red Sox thing?" Wow- he really, really wants this thing! It just so happened that I actually looked for it before I called him, but it was nowhere to be found. I told him this, and he exclaims, "Yeah right! You're lying!" What? No, really, it must have sold out. "You're lying! It didn't sell out! You just don't want me to watch it!" I felt like I was negotiating with a 5-year-old minus the kicking, screaming temper tantrum in the middle of the store. Don't get me wrong... he wasn't yelling at me, but he definitely accused me of fibbing- talk about uncalled for!
As I type, he is watching the Sox. He just "woooooo!"-ed. They must have done something good. OK, gotta go watch the highlights....
4 comments:
Cute pictures! Aren't babies so mischievous?!!
Ouch, poor GMK! Hope she's ok.
That story is hilarious about KCK! I can totally picture it. When I saw that movie, I actually kind of thought of you guys a little bit....cute movie!
just the other day, i thought of posting about that movie. it's so quintissentially(?) boston. i don't know that i would have "gotten" it had i not lived here to experience the red sox nation frenzy. then, i briefly thought about kck, wondering if he's anywhere near the character. :)
oh, i hope gmk is doing better. did you visit lk? i was working last couple days. :( next time...
I loved that movie Fever Pitch... even though I don't like baseball and have only visited Boston once. Funny!
a visit from jh, eh. fun! come for a visit to the bay area and make a trip to lake tahoe. it's beautiful there.
i love costco dried mangos, yum!
Post a Comment