
Just finished reading "I Capture the Castle" by Dodie Smith. I couldn't put it down. The narrative is so fresh and honest. The book is from the point of view of a young woman living in England. It's supposed to be her journal- I guess like "Bridget Jones" (which I thought was a clever idea- but now I see I had missed out on "Castle," written in the 1940's.) The story unfolded very easily, and all the characters were so incredibly endearing- some were downright hysterical! My sister says that the movie was supposed to be subpar, but I'll have to put it on my Blockbuster queue anyway. I'm glad I bought this book- definitely a book I'd want GMK to read when she's older... much older.
3 comments:
i agree... good book. actually it's amazing that it was written in the 1940s.
by the way, check out my new blog at calijunio.blogspot.com
hmm... will file that one as a good book suggestion. it's cool you have time, or take time, to read and blog even as a mom. i love reading these updates from you.
can i borrow it? ;)
Post a Comment