
It looks like GMK is finally ready to start walking! Today she took an impressive 5 steps- they weren't 5 accidental "I forgot that I'm not holding onto something and I'm so distracted" steps- they were 5 deliberate "I'm going to try this walking-thing" steps. We were at a restaurant of all places and of course I didn't have my camera with me. I'll try to get it on film, but she decides to take steps at the most unexpected times. This picture has nothing to do with her walking, but I thought I'd share it because I love the mischievous expression on her face.
--------------------------
I just finished reading "The Devil Wears Prada." I was a little disappointed. When a book is made into a film, the book is usually the better of the two. I have a feeling that, in this case, the film might actually be better. Andy's (main character) friends weren't very endearing, and I ended up wanting Andrea to get new friends. The ending was also a little weak- I didn't get any sense of satisfaction when I got to the last page. I immediately started reading another book so that I could redeem myself for reading such a silly novel- "I Capture the Castle." It's a young woman's narrative on living in a house built off of an old castle ruin. It was actually also made into a movie, but a long time ago. So far, so good.
5 comments:
Yeah, GMK!! Those first few steps are so precious and exciting. Start seriously baby proofing everything!
Some of my co-workers saw The Devil Wears Prada and they were raving at how good it was. I think I'll wait for the DVD rental on that one and not spend $ in the theater. Hopefully the movie is better than the book. :)
yeah, it was just merely entertaining for me. just finished reading "empire falls" by richard russo. ironic, funny, and witty. i'd recommend it.
oh, GMK is walking~ i just saw AL walking around at church. kids are so funny like that. so different week by week. i can't wait to see her.
Enjoy the moment with GK. Once she starts to walk and run, it's gonna be so hard to catch her.:)
That's funny. I too started to read The Devil Wears Prada. I wanted to read the book before I saw the movie. I'm half way. I keep picturing Anna Hathaway and Meryl Streep. I just wanted to see what happens at the end and I cheated. I read the last two chapters... I do want to see the movie. But now I don't want to read it anymore so I did start a new book too. Life of Pi. I only read just the beginning. but so far so good. learned interesting facts about sloths.
i can't tell who she looks like still, but she is one cute kid
by the way... that girl that wrote the devil wears prada book is a cornell grad, our year!
i read part of the book at barnes & nobles once (shh, don't tell them) - didn't think it was very good. did see the movie though, and enjoyed it. : )
Post a Comment