Thursday, July 20, 2006

Emergency Egg

I think I've mentioned that I live in a super-friendly neighborhood where people really look out for you. I have one neighbor who has plowed our driveway filled with snow multiple times, and I have no qualms about asking neighbors to look out for mail or newspapers while we are away. Sometimes they call upon us to do similar favors... and when that happens, I feel like an invisible circle has been completed. I pat myself on the back and say "this is what being neighbourly is all about." Actually, I'm probably just relieved that we're not taking advantage of them, and that our neighbors think we're nice enough to do them the same little favors.
Today, one of my neighbors called and explained that she was baking cookies with her son when she realized that they were one egg short of making a 5-year-old's day. She couldn't run to the store because her other child was napping. Could she borrow an egg? Having just purchased 18 eggs the other day, I confidently said "sure!" Just 2 days ago, I would have had to disappoint that 5-year-old because we only had rotten eggs in our fridge. Anyway, I proudly handed over that egg knowing that cookies would be possible!
This is how boring my life is.... I got excited about loaning my neighbor an egg.
--------------------------------------------------

Yesterday, GMK figured out how to say "Uh oh." She says it deliberately like they are 2 separate sentences. "Uh." "Oh." Cute? I think so.

4 comments:

Beannie's Log said...

That is so nice to have great neighbors! Unfortunately we had a very bad experience recently with our neighbors that they ended up moving out...will have to tell you about it. You don't realize how important it is to have great neighbors, especially when you live in a townhouse.

That is so cute GMK says "uh...oh"!

jwk said...

So cute! Another request for more pictures and maybe now even a video? I'm going to have to come visit you guys soon....

Anonymous said...

that's really nice...it makes me smile =)
yes, "uh" "oh" is very cute!

jl said...

you are not the only one who gets excited for things like that. I get so excited to get mails.. even junk mails!

I know, it's great to have awesome neighbors. my neighbors are great. First summer we were here, we didn't even mow the lawn. our neighbors did it for us.

A loves saying "uh oh". I think she purposely drop things to say it:)

we may visit boston sometimes soon. I'll let you know.

Post a Comment