Sunday, August 06, 2006

How Beautiful

Greetings from Vail, CO. I love it here! I want to move here... or atleast own a home here. If you've never been to Vail in the summer time you are missing out. I know there are other beautiful places in the Rocky Mountains, and I'll have to visit those places as well, but Vail is one of my favorite places in the world.

So far, we've stayed pretty active. The first night we went to a Baroque concert with out-of-town players (all quite accomplished.) It made me want to pick up my cello again and start practicing.... I'm sure a short-lived sentiment. We actually left after intermission, though, because I was starving and hubs isn't the biggest fan of Baroque music. He thinks it's too repetitive- I agree, but I have an appreciation for it because I think it's fun to play. We went to dinner at this quaint restaurant where the food was great and the service was perfect. We've realized that good service really completes meals at a restaurant. If the food is excellent but the service is horrible, it totally leaves a bad taste in your mouth. We've had 3 excellent dinners.

The 2nd day, I got in a workout (has to be done when you're eating rich, filling meals several nights in a row,) we went for a little hike, and then played 9-holes. Golf was fun with the exception of the hurricane force wind and the occasional splatter of rain that came with it. I need to work on my putting- I suck.

I've been calling my parents' home about 3 times a day to see how GMK is doing. She's more than fine with all the attention and catering to her every whim. She just started really walking last week, so I feel like I'm missing alot. But I'm thankful to have this time for just me and hubs (and a hundred or so other guys in the business) sans baby.

3 comments:

yellowinter said...

i'm totally fine. don't worry, but we'll catch up when you get back. i'm so glad GMK is doing well. i was thinking about her this week. :) can't wait to see your pix.
enjoy your time~

Beannie's Log said...

I'm so jealous! You're really really lucky to have parents willing to watch GMK while you're on vacation....seriously enjoy every moment. Sounds like you're having a great time! Can't wait to see your beautiful pictures.

jwk said...

sounds bee-yoo-tee-ful! wish i could have been there. everytime i call uhmma, she has another cute gmk story! she's really enjoying her time with gmk!

Post a Comment