Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Little Reunion

I'm back on the east coast from an absolutely wonderful getaway to Vail. I have some pictures... not that many, actually, because there's only so much picture-taking you can do when you're hanging out by yourself. I arrived on the plane this evening and found myself practically running out to the car to see my baby. And when I saw her, all of a sudden I had a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes. I missed her soooo much! She was completely unaffected, of course, with just a little smile. It was like, "hey mom, what's up?"

Yesterday (my last full day in Vail,) I got a pedicure, went up the gondola onto the mountain to take some pictures, and then checked out the Betty Ford Alpine Garden. I then rendezvous'd with KCK for dinner. At night, there was a poker tournament hosted by the conference. There was 70-80 players and KCK actually lasted until the 2nd to the last table... I think that translates to top 10. He was pretty psyched about that. Every year, they bring out a "celebrity" Poker player to instruct, entertain, and commentate during the tournament. This year, there was this girl (Evelyn Ng) and some guy named "The Magician." The Asian girl was total eye-candy for the guys at the conference, and they were totally intimidated by her. Kinda funny, but so irritatingly typical.

No comments:

Post a Comment