
We went apple-picking today with our new church's family group. I was sooooo looking forward to it because my mother used to take me and my sisters when we were young... fond memories of looking for the biggest, most perfect-looking apples, munching on them, and carrying home these incredibly large bags of apples buoyed my expectations all week.
It definitely wasn't the same with a toddler in tow. GMK hasn't quite mastered walking on uneven surfaces, so having her walk around the orchard was out of the question with all the rotting, sticky apple/peach/grape residue on the ground. So we "strollered" it. With only one free hand and a stroller to maneuver through the rows of trees, I ended up only picking 7 apples. GMK and I ate two on the spot, so I came home with a whopping 5 apples. I vow to go back in a couple weeks, though, when the asian pears will be ripe for picking.
6 comments:
that apple is as big as GMK's face! i remember our apple orchard outings! i'll have to see if they have apple picking out here... probably not.
We went grape picking last week and ASL loved it. I love freshly picked apples!
That's a huge apple!! So cute.
Yeah, my sister, mom and I used to go grape and apple picking every year growing up too. Apple picking here begins this Saturday! Can't wait to go.
how cute is she?! why did you have to start going to citylife the MOMENT we left boston?!?! L is very offended! haha... hope you're doing well.
hey, you wanna go with our cg? we're going in two weeks! yup, for those scrumptious pears. they are to DIE for!!!! ;)
have fun with auntie jwk~
aww, i'm so jealous. love picking & eating fresh apples, yum! i can't believe GMK ate TWO apples? that one in the photo looks pretty big.
Post a Comment