Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Green

GMK and I went to visit a friend today, who has 2 boys. One is older than GMK, and one is younger. I was doting on the younger one for a little bit saying how big he's gotten and how cute he is. GMK was totally jealous! It was bizarre, because she's never been envious before and I've definitely given the same kind of attention to other kids in the past. She was pushing poor little J away and taking things from him. I would say, "You have to share!" and she'd "No!" I just hope it's not an indication of how she'd treat a younger sibling (not that there's one on the way, for all you people jumping to conclusions.)

GMK has been so incredibly clingy lately. It's probably because she's getting over being sick. Whatever it's attributed to, it's getting old really fast. This past Sunday, I couldn't leave her in the nursery at church because she was clinging onto me for dear life- I went to go use the restroom once and when I got back she was crying hysterically with tears streaming down her face. She even had to follow me into the bathroom at my friend's house today because she thought I was leaving. I'm dreading tomorrow because I'm leaving her with my mom for a full 32 hours to visit a friend. I can already hear her screaming "Mommy! Mommy!"

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

aww, poor gmk for being sick. hope she'll be ok for tomorrow. : )

yes, i'll be home between xmas and new year's. maybe we can meet up?

jwk said...

uh oh... although i'm sure M will cater to her every lil' whim! maybe chasing Miya around the kitchen will appease her? have fun in NY by the way! wish i could be there w/ you guys.

Allie said...

OH! Poor GMK... I mean poor mommy. :) She'll grow out of it. She'll be okay. She'll cry for the first few moments when you go and then she'll get over it. She may be extra clingy when you get back though.

So GMK was a little jealous that's so cute. She'll be a great sibling. Don't you worry.

yellowinter said...

i guess all kids do go through that stage. can't imagine little GMK crying her heart out at the nursery. hope she'll be okay while you're gone. are you in philly again? will you be there during new year's? i think c and i will be there for a week, if my body will behave. it'll be nice to have a little mom's group down there. :)

jl said...

I'm sure GMK will be fine with your mom. Don't worry too much and have fun!

Annibelle said...

It was good to see you guys! Too bad we couldn't chat more... And don't worry about little G - I'm sure she'll grow out of this phase.

Beannie's Log said...

I thought I left a comment here before, but it looks like it didn't take. Anyway, the clinginess is probably due to her sickness. N always got clingy with us when he got over his sickness too. But once he was better, he was off to his normal independent self. She'll grow out of that stage. Hope all went well with GMK and your mom.

Post a Comment