I was visiting Philly and NYC last week while KCK was away. It was nice to hang out with my mom (dad was away, too.) GMK was behaving very badly and she got sick again so we didn't get to hang out very much with friends. I was, however, able to get a couple Christmas gifts taken care of... a beautiful thing. KOP Bloomies has a very good saleswoman working in handbags/accessories. We were there 10 minutes before closing and she was the most pleasant and helpful sales person I've ever come across at a Bloomies. She went above and beyond. I totally forget her name, though... she was tallish, young, and blond... if you happen to go there and want good service, look for her.
I went to NYC to hang out with my good friend VP. We hit the town for dinner and drinks with another friend and my sister. It was alot of fun... for me, atleast, since I never go out. Although, I was going to fall asleep during dinner because we ended up eating so late. I think it was 10:30 when we started eating. I know that's normal "city" time, but I've become such a country-bumpkin. Anyway, thanks for a good time VP, and Happy Birthday!
While in NYC, I bought a pair of footless leggings and wore them out to dinner. I felt like an imposter.... you know, like one of those women who try to pull things off that they shouldn't even try because they're so obviously not cool or hip by any stretch of the imagination. I think my little fashion foray was attributed to reading 'People' magazine on the train- I need to not do that. It makes me want Lindsay's wardrobe.
6 comments:
yay to leggings/tights. i'm a big fan. i know how you feel -- i often felt like an imposter in NY. but after pretending long enough, i felt comfortable enough to feel like i actually could pull off an outfit or fit in at an ultra-cool restaurant/bar/lounge.
also, in NY, you have to remember that for every bold fashion move you think you're making, there are a ton of other fashion-forward people out there that are three steps ahead of you with really "out-there" outfits. so, there's really no need to be afraid of taking fashion risks.
by the way, you're definitely cool enough to pull of footless tights! i'm SURE you didn't look like an imposter.
Sounds like you had a great time. You know how much I love NY! I'm sure you looked very fashionable and great...you always do look very hip. And please, no Lindsay wardrobe!! :)
The dress you bought needed leggings. It was a very good idea. I'm 100% sure that you looked HOT.
It was nice to hang out for the day. GMK is so cute. I keep seeing her walking around your mom's kitchen table and walking into those corners. OUCH! But so cute b/c she's at that height that she can't see them but they are so at her head level. Hope she got use to those corners and learned to duck.
Make sure you make time for us when you come down for XMAS. :)
i'm sure you looked HAWT, but LINDSAY? i'll just forget that you said that....
OMG. i was totally there and rbk's little outfit was totally on point. we had so much fun just walking around. did you mention that we rode in a cab for about $6 worth and threatened to jump out and not pay if the cabbie did not drop us off right then and there. (we were practically at the street corner) so what did we do??? i got out!! the guy wouldn't even take my money! he wouldn't clock us out! weird. i still don't get what happened. but later that night, we had amazing sushi and this really great miso soup. when you coming back again?!?!?!?
Post a Comment