Call me crazy, but I like celebrating my birthday. I think it's partly to do with the fact that my family always celebrated it "right" growing up- with dinner, cake, and presents. So I like my birthday to be special. But the older I get, the more I realize that the world just doesn't revolve around me. Big shocker, I know! I'm not complaining... just telling it how it is. It's so different with a kid- GMK got to blow out the candle on my cake, and then she ate most of my slice (after we checked to see that it was nut-free.) And then the rest of the afternoon was spent just playing with her and catering to her desire to pour water into her plastic cup from her grandparents' water dispenser (every 2 minutes.)
KCK is so funny about gifts. He gets so excited about the gifts he buys, that he can't wait to give them. He literally can't wait- I usually end up receiving gifts a week early. He's gotten better, though, because I usually refuse to see/open the gifts until the appropriate day. I do have a special hubby, though. He bought me a great coat for my birthday and got my SIL to babysit so he could take me out to dinner at a super nice restaurant. It was one of those meals where you wanted to lift the plate to your face and just lick all the little bits off.
Anyway, one more year 'til the milestone (gulp.)
8 comments:
Happy Birthday Shbocky! does GMK understand the concept of bdays? hope you had fun yesterday. and look out for a package today!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, B!!! I KNEW yesterday was a special day, but couldn't remember until now...
And yes, you do have a special hubby who loves you and little GMK to bits! I'm so glad you had a nice night out and were able enjoy yourself.
Sending e-hugs...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! i'm going to blame it all on my prego brain for forgetting to mention it the first thing when i saw you yesterday at church! :( terrible.
i'm glad you had a wonderful birthday despite having the thunder stolen from you. :) can't wait to see the coat. wow, he actually picked it out himself? i would never trust my c for such a huge task. :)
Happy Birthday! I forgot that your birthday was the day before I was originally due to give birth to N. I concur with R....I'm impressed that hubby picked out a coat without you. Glad you enjoyed your day, despite GMK being the center of attention. :)
Happy Birthday, B!! I knew, he'd make it special for ya. Knowing KCK, he got you a VERY nice coat that if you were there, you'd be too stubborn not to buy it... right? right?
Glad it was nice.
happy birthday shbock! i'm 2 years ago from my "milestone"... haha... i think it gets better, and sweeter. this year on my bday, i actually FORGOT how old i was. crazy.
Habby birsday! I can visualize you licking the plate... haha
Happy birthday B!! Sounds like you had a special day. Funny, HK and I are both like KCK when it comes to gift giving. We both end up giggling and can't wait for the other to open up the gift.
Post a Comment