Tuesday, March 27, 2007

One Place...

One place I hope to never live- Orlando, Florida. It's just too humid... and too man-made. It's great for a week or so, but I can't imagine being around this "magical" stuff all the time. Don't people ever get sick of seeing those mouse ears everywhere they go? Who knows, maybe someday I'll learn to enjoy humidity and become less jaded.

Anyway, we're here in sunny Florida for work (KCK) and play (me, GMK, & grandma.) So far, we haven't done much... just hung out in the pool for a couple hours today. GMK is obsessed with the pool. It's the first thing she wants to go see when she wakes up and the last thing she begs us to take her to before going to bed. Not to mention all the whining in between.

I'm just glad that I'm finally feeling better. I was sick for more than a week with a bad sinus infection and a stomache-thing. It's interesting how doctors, who were over-prescribing antibiotics in the past, are now soooo reluctant to prescribe them. I'm usually not one to ask for medicine when I'm sick, but I was MISERABLE and I didn't want to be unnecessarily sick in Florida. So the doctor gave me a prescription but told me to wait another day before starting to take them to see if I felt any better w/o. She wasn't convinced my cold was bacterial.
Well, I took that first pill this afternoon and SHAZAAM! I felt better within a couple hours! I wish I had gone to the doctor a week ago 'cause I can breathe again! And I have my appetite back! Maybe this town really is magical.

By the way, the kitchen is complete but I didn't get a chance to take my final pictures before rushing off to the airport. We're really happy with how it turned out. Anyone need a contractor? B/c mine is the best!

4 comments:

jwk said...

i find GMK cute, even when you tell me stories about how she's being a pain in the butt. hee hee! i wish i could see her at the pool! maybe this summer? i also would never want to live in FL. post some pics of GMK in her cute swim outfits!

Allie said...

How's the Orlando Trip compared to the trip to Goodland, FL (AKA Marco Island) last year? ;)

GMK loves the water!! I would have thoughts so since she was so happy in the water last year. AH!! Wish we were there with you.

Next year, we have to take a family trip together!!

can't wait to see your new kitchen, you likey?

Beannie's Log said...

I'm like you. I would not like to live in Orlando bcs of the humidity and constant crowds. You are seriously a world class traveler...I'm too scared to travel with N.

Isn't medicine wonderful?!

Can't wait to see your kitchen pics.

Jin C said...

Shazaam, huh?? I'm trying to picture you saying that. We see plenty of Mickey ears here on the west coast too. We're just 15 minutes away from the happiest place on earth. It's pretty nice to be able to take the kids there once in a while. Thank goodness no humidity here.

Post a Comment