Friday, April 27, 2007

Nothing to Say

It's been a little while since posting anything. There are only so many pictures of GMK I can take. She looks the same as last week. What's new with her? Lately her favorite phrase has been "Too funny!" and sometimes she gives a little fake-laugh after she says it. We're discovering that she's a little dare-devil. At the playground, she has no qualms about trying to climb the "big kid" structures that leave her 6-7 feet off the ground. Drives me crazy.

I'm on a self-inflicted spending freeze. After our kitchen stuff and our new mattress purchase (love it!) our credit card bills have been heart-stopping. So nothing new in terms of clothes or beauty products and no big meals out until the end of our billing cycle. I already cheated yesterday, however. I was at Target and saw these really awesome shoes... I'm totally not a shoes person, but these shoes are exactly what I've been looking for, for many many months! I wonder if haircuts count as beauty purchases... because I'm in desperate need of one. Hm.

I think one reason I feel like I have nothing to say is that I've been thinking more about serious stuff like current events, poverty, and international political mumbo-jumbo. I'm not usually one to dwell on the super-serious stuff, but sometimes when I look at all the crap going on in the world... it just makes me shut up because who the heck really cares that I bought a pair of nice shoes when there are children dying of diseases that are so preventable? This is depressing.

I just ate almost a whole pint of sorbet. I only stopped because my spoon started scraping the bottom of the cardboard container and I felt guilty. And I only felt guilty (b/c hello, it's just sorbet!) because I just told KCK that I'm going to lose weight in hopes that my hip pain goes away. I'll have to explain later because this is turning into a long post, and I started off really having nothing at all to say.

4 comments:

yellowinter said...

i've been slowly feeling a little worried about my weight. of course, i'm only 9 wks out of delivering a baby, but the return of my appetite has been quite scary. it's like i'm trying to make up for all the weeks of not wanting to eat...

anyways, we went to wrentham today and i was a little tempted to just call you guys up and say "we're stopping by" to see your beeeautiful kitchen. :) i must place a spending freeze as well, but i also am in desperate need of a haircut and a comfortable pair of shoes. wanna cut my hair for me?! ;p

jwk said...

i get that hip pain too sometimes! weird isn't it? what kind of shoes did you get?

Beannie's Log said...

I know what you mean about all the serious stuff happening...especially with what happened with Va Tech and watching American Idol (Gives Back) episode last week.

You got me hungry now mentioning the sorbet...sorbet is supposed to be healthy, right?! :)

vivian said...

what the heck? i thought i posted a reply. anyways, all i was going to say was that it's always cool to take a step out of yourself. a little reflection and sober judgement of oneself/surroundings is a good thing. i am constantly reminded of my silliness when i've bought something expensive and then sit in the subway. :P

Post a Comment