Tuesday, June 12, 2007

74

How embarrassing! 74 was my score for my 9-holer today. That's 30 over par. Ha! For you non-golfers: the lower your score, the better. And just to give a little perspective, Tiger usually does something like 4 under par for 18 holes of golf.
Why am I publishing my abysmal score if I'm so ashamed of it? Well, by the end of the summer I hope to publish a much better score. This just gives me incentive. And I'm also proud of the fact that it's my actual score... no made up numbers, no "gimme" shots, no "let's just put down an 8 because anything higher sounds too awful."
Overall, I had a good time. I got to meet some nice women, who were almost as bad as me and very supportive about the three balls I lost somewhere in the woods. Unfortunately, it has made me a very tired mom who is letting her daughter watch TV until bathtime. I'm going to have to remember to take a nap next time.

8 comments:

yellowinter said...

sounds like a great hobby. are you golfing with gusmom? well, it sounds like a lot of fun. i remember going to the driving range with our cg while pregnant. i miss you mommies up there. gotta get myself connected to mommies here.

thanks for your prayers about the height issue. i need it...

jwk said...

sadly, that's probably better than what I would score... i'm sure you will methodically improve your score over the summer. maybe GMK can be your caddy? maybe when she gets older...

Allie said...

Wow, at least you are still giving it a try. Keep on practicing. Wish I could get in to golf...

Jin C said...

How in the world do you have time to golf?

Anonymous said...

you know what, you get props JUST getting out there. have fun!

Beannie's Log said...

That's great you're able to get into a new hobby.

BTW, did you see you can get a refund for those who paid extra for expedited passports? Hope you get yours in time. I think that temporary passport law is bogus for kids.....kids don't have any other photo ID to use and plus, they have your birth certificate! Very poor planning with this new law.

Betty said...

:-) "No Mulligans!" was my mantra last Monday. I stuck to it too! Except 1 hole. We HAVE to play together this summer.

Anonymous said...

yes, i think my score would be even worse. : ) i'm sure you'll improve if you keep at it. that's great that you're taking it w/some other people that are about the same level (or worse - that's a confidence booster, hehe).

Post a Comment