Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Day



Happy Father's Day, hubs! Actually, it's past midnight, so this is technically late. But I had to post to the world what a great daddy you are. Weekends, she is essentially "daddy's girl" as you get up with her (way too early,) feed her, turn on the TV for her, take her to get some munchkins, play with playdough, change her clothes, discipline her, etc.... The silly gifts I got for you don't come close in measuring up to how great a father you are.

--------------------

I know it's Father's Day at all, but mommy had such a great day. I think it had something to do with the 9 hours of sleep I got. I was in a fantastic mood the entire day! I even got to go shopping at the mall... by myself. Yes, no squirmy, whiny kid in tow. No bribing to sit in the stroller and behave. No trying to squeeze a huge stroller into a dressing room. No chasing toddler making sure she doesn't break anything or ruin something with her sticky hands (from the obviously ineffective bribing.) And boy did I get some quality shopping done! And to top it off, I didn't have to cook. We had dinner the in-laws, after which I got to eat icecream cake and drink champagne while playing Cranium. And my team won! Yes, it was a good day.

5 comments:

Allie said...

LUCKY YOU!;)

Beannie's Log said...

Sounds like a great day for you! Glad you enjoyed it!

jl said...

sounds like mother's day to me!

jwk said...

wow...father's day indeed. champagne AND ice cream cake! and shopping!? love that picture of GMK holding onto KCK's bald pate.

yellowinter said...

yeah, it sounds more like a mother's day to me. :) love the picture!

Post a Comment