Thursday, July 26, 2007

She-Who-Speaks-Sentences

I feel like I've been hiding in a cave lately. I haven't been feeling well. I think it's a virus... it makes me want to do absolutely nothing. Except to read the last Harry Potter book. Muah ha ha! It took me 4 nights. Each night I'd want to keep reading, but at 2 am the knowledge of how much I'd suffer the next morning forced me to take my glasses off and put the book down. And then, of course, I'd have dreams about He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named and wands and spells- I was Harry in my dreams :) So Harry and Feeling Miserable have been taking up my spare time. And then there's GMK, who seems to be on a verbal rampage as of late. This morning, she didn't want me to go back to sleep and repeated over and over, "Mommy! Come on!" as she hovered between our bedroom and the stairs. She's not a prodigy in the least, but it's just kind of cool to see her gears turning and hear full sentences pop out.

My mother is coming into town tomorrow. I'm so excited because I know she'll cook for me and make me feel better :) I recently realized how not-nurturing I am. When my sister had a baby and I went to visit her, I found myself being taken care of instead of taking care of her. And on our family vacation, I made just one meal for everyone... out of about 20. Thank God for my mother and my big sis! I have much to learn from them. By the way, L, me not mentioning you in no way reflects how nurturing you are... because you really can be quite the hostess/nurturer- just not when mom and big sis' are around!

7 comments:

Jin C said...

What?! L can be nurturing?? Oooh, I got to see that! hahaha sorry L.

yellowinter said...

i'm glad mommy will be there to take care of you. i know what you mean. even though she still works full-time and all, my mom ends up taking care of all of us whenever she's around.

oh, GMK... speaking in full sentences... gosh, i can't tell you how much i miss seeing her every sunday.

Beannie's Log said...

It's always nice to have moms around to take care of us, no matter how busy/tired they are...guess we all have a lot to learn!

Isn't it fun hearing your baby speaking in full sentences?! So amazing to watch how much they mature since birth.

Betty said...

G is speaking in full sentences! That's great! But it seems like you've gotten a taste of what it's like to hear the same thing repeated over and over and over....I swear, I wanna take a hammer and hit myself on the head. Have a good time with your mom!

jwk said...

What? I don't remember being nurturing over our vacation? Seriously, all I remember doing is eating and sleeping. I miss little G! I can't believe she says stuff like "Come on!" By the way, every now and then, S and I answer questions with "Yessss" and "Uhhhh, no", just like G.

jwk said...

AND you ARE a nurturer. i don't know what you're talking about. i don't think G is missing out on any love.

jwk said...

one more comment... i also finished Harry Potter and was satisfied by how it ended. do you remember what i told you after we read the sixth book? didn't i totally call what really happened? hope you're feeling better soon!!!

Post a Comment