Monday, August 20, 2007

Terribly Two

GMK has been driving me nuts lately. Terrible two's have really kicked in and I think all that traveling didn't help. She's been biting, kicking, pinching, and hitting- I think it's just to her mommy because I haven't heard that she's been inflicting pain anywhere else (thank God.) Everything is "Mine!" and the screaming... oh, the screaming! I know she's just learning to assert her independence and how to communicate through words and it's just frustrating at times, but I really can't wait until she calms down a bit and starts listening to mommy. Oh, and she never got re-adjusted to the time zone from traveling, so she's been going to bed at 10pm, giving no time for mommy & daddy to just relax like we used to.
By the end of the day, I'm just about ready to plop her down in front of her friend by the initials T.V. and give her all the cookies she wants just for some peace.

OK, so she does have her charming moments. But they're becoming fewer and far between... and harder to remember through her whining and incessant demands.

Just needed to vent. Tomorrow is a fresh day!

6 comments:

vivian said...

BOOO... today there was a couple at duane reade w/ two boys in two strollers. they were both at the register and the younger one kept reaching for the twizlers and kept screaming, 'mommy give me!!!' UG. it can NOT be easy. hopefully gmk will grow out of the screaming and pinching soon.

jwk said...

GMK! i'm shocked. actually, i'm not. i've seen her act out and it ain't pretty. poor mom and dad. early bedtime are a lifesaver for us. and even with that, we're still tired. can't even imagine... is she better today?

yellowinter said...

gosh, terrible two's... can't imagine my little angels (like GMK and CH down in VA) being terrors, but i guess it's gotta come...and go. hang in there, mommy. let's pray for patience~

Beannie's Log said...

Yes, I know exactly what you're going through. N never said "mine" until another child from church started saying it, so he picked up that bad habit. We've been doing a lot of spanking these days....we've been reading "Shepherding a Child's Heart" and it's been a big help with disciplining. It's still difficult though....TV is sometimes our best friend too! Hang in there as it will one day pass!

Anonymous said...

i can reeeeeally wait or just sleep through L's inevitable terrible two's. i'm sure GMK's will be short and sweet, or at least let's pray it will be!

Allie said...

I hear ya sister. My little j is terrible twos going on to being a teenager. ;)

Post a Comment