Nothing new going on in my life lately. GMK continues to be very "two," but I'm trying really hard to lay down the law and not let it affect my psychological and physical well-being. And, yes, it totally effects your psyche when you find yourself seething over something a 2-year-old did or didn't do. And then my back and shoulder muscles tense up and I end up with a major headache that lasts the rest of the day. Anyway, I think I'm getting better at it. It helps that hubs is back from his recent 4-day boondoggle.
On the golfing front, I took a lesson this past week. My instructor told me I just have this one bad habit of dropping my shoulder on my back swing. Well, that one bad habit is really hard to fix and now I can't hit the ball at all! I feel like I'm back to square one and it's a bit disheartening. We're going to the Deutchebank (sp?) tournament tomorrow. I'm excited because I've never been to a golf tournament before. Hopefully, I'll catch a glimpse of Tiger... and maybe some of the more good-looking players on the tour. Did I say "good-looking?" I meant to say "good-playing." tee hee.
In other sports news... go Phillies! I'm so excited that they're doing so well this year. I'm not holding my breath until October or anything (I don't want to die,) but it would be so great if they did well in the playoffs. I've become a much bigger Philly sports fan after leaving the city- funny how that works.
I started off saying there's nothing new in my life lately, but I guess that's not really true. It's not new for me, I guess, but I'm just starting to tell people that I'm pregnant. That's right! I'm just about finishing up the 1st trimester and am due in March. I was feeling really horrible for a couple weeks... I was just useless around the house and no fun to hang out with. But I'm feeling much better now, thank God! I'm really not looking forward to all the upcoming bodily changes, especiallly the unflattering maternity clothes. But we're really looking forward to having another child to make our home a little more lively and a little more full of love.
8 comments:
i knew it!! i was skipping down all your paragraphs just to read the part about your pregnancy! woohoo!!! oh but the phillies part did make me pause and read a bit more. ;)
Congratulations!!! GMK will be a great big sis!
And yes, I'm not holding my breath for the Phillies either. Every year I get high false hopes and then get let down. Funny how you you're following the Phillies while you're in Boston...KCK didn't convert you to be a die hard Red Sox fan?!! :)
congratulations! take care of yourself!
Congrats!! Glad you're feeling okay.
HK and I went to the PGA Championship couple years ago. We saw Tiger from afar but saw Sergio Garcia up close. The players are really slim in person. If you want to get a close up look of the players, it's good to stake out one of the tee boxes. Have fun!
AGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I am sooooooo excited for you guys, esp for GMK. I remember how she loved little babies. She was the sweetest with N. Ohhhh.... Wish I could be there to see it all happen! :( :) Hey, don't you worry about unflattering-ness. You were quite the fashionable one during that time. :) so glad that you're at citylife this time to share in the experience with MANY expectant mommies. :) boy, is it a fertile ground!
I am looking forward to meeting this little one. Are you going to find out?
Yay! Congratulations! Hehe, you're so lucky that you felt good enough to play golf in your 1st trimester. Re: golf, I went through a phase recently of going back to "square one" also...it was because I started standing too close to the ball for some odd reason, and I didn't realize why I couldn't hit anything. But I fixed it. Of course, i have many other problems, like lifting my head, getting nervous, etc etc.
OH MY GAH!!! CONGRATULATIONS, B!!!
[You can't tell by the font, but I'm REALLY happy for you and about to jump out of my skin in excitement!!!]
Congrats!!!!!!!!! So excited.
Post a Comment