Wednesday, October 10, 2007

It's raining, it's pouring, the old man is snoring

My sisters and I must have driven my mother batty with all the little rhymes and songs we used to sing (shout) over and over again. Whenever it rained, we would recite the above... that, and, "rain rain go away, come again some other day" until it actually stopped raining. We must have been sooooo cute! :P When we got older, we started to sing all songs in three part [dis-]harmony. I shudder at just the thought of having to listen to that now. My parents could have secretly taped us and blackmailed us.
My sisters and I are so close in age, it must have been like having triplets. I can't imagine having three GMK's. I think I'd have to commit myself to the nearest, maybe furthest, mental institution.

There is something about sisters, though. I miss mine. We talk all the time, but there's nothing like sharing a blanket on a comfy couch while watching a really girly movie with your sisters. Or even grocery shopping with them and making fun of each other dancing and singing to the tunes over the speakers. (OK, so I don't think I've actually seen LK do this but it's never too late to pick up your sisters' quirks.) I want GMK to have a sister so she can experience the bond of sisterhood. But if this next one is a boy, she'll just have to find some really good girlfriends because I think 2 kids is my limit. We're supposed to find out the sex of the baby tomorrow.
Will keep you posted.

6 comments:

Betty said...

Yeah, keep me posted! I wish G had a bro, and I wish J had a sis. But oh well, they'll have to deal. But they won't know the comfort of having a same-sex sibling. :( They'll have to find other means to bond. Right now, they're just fighting, or G will be very gracious (in a slightly superior way) to his sis. Kinda funny.

yellowinter said...

i can't wait to find out~ :)
as for one without a sister, having a wonderful brother is great too. i wouldn't trade him for the world. and i've also been really blessed to have awesome gf who are like sisters. GMK will be a great big sis either way.
yeah, if i'm ever blessed again, i think two would be my limit - biologically anyway. :)

Beannie's Log said...

I'm with you...2 is enough for me! Actually 1 is enough, but I want N to have a brother/sister so that he's not lonely.

jwk said...

ha ha ha! i remember our "rain rain go away" routine. or what about the "green light" game? or what about when we acted out "sound of music"? yeah, we were probably really annoying to listen to, but at least we entertained ourselves! i always imagined having more than 2 but, E hasn't reached her terrible twos yet... we'll see. let me know when you find out! exciting!

ekang said...

wow! i had no idea! i've been too out of touch! can't wait to find out what the gender is!

yellowinter said...

i'm waiting for your post. i'm tempted to call you, but i'll resist. it's dinner time. :)

Post a Comment